Having fun could be good for thriving and health. It is generally best to nourish health and wellbeing and thereby build one's health reserves in a wide sense, and also to bulwark carefully against what is much untoward or adverse, if that can be. A good education may foster mind-development and one's future fare and living-conditions too, so it may help to get educated.
Since prevention is better than uncertain attempts at cure, reliable, advance information about common dangers could help as well. And if struck with disease or some sorts of troubles, good and careful information about cures and resources offer much help too. Below is a limited bundle of links:
- Addiction Center - Among the substances people get addicted to - more or less - is tobacco, alcohol, marihuana, and (other) illegal drugs, painkillers and so on. The site offers information about such substances, treatment choices and rehab options under "Rehabs Near Me" and Drug Rehab". Some "best in test" rehab ways are missing, though. Transcendental Meditation is one of them. 13 Feb 18.
- Addiction Resource - "About 10 million [US] children are living with a parent dependent on alcohol and/or illicit drugs . . . Addiction to drugs and/or alcohol is a problem for approximately 30 million people in the United States alone."
- Aging in Place - A resource hub for seniors and their families. The site offers online guides to In-Home Senior Care; to Recognizing Elder Abuse; and much else. 24 Aug 17.
- Alcohol Detox and Sleep - Sleep problems are one of the largest obstacles to recovery during alcohol detox. Informative article and tips you may handle.
- ASAM, American Society of Addiction Medicine - Provides information on treatments etc. 19 Feb. 16.
- Bambiona.de: Schwangerschaft, Baby und Kind. Eine freie E-book, Kindererziehung: Kinder, Eltern & Erziehungsstile ist auch da.
- The Best Online Tutoring Service - A private tutor may help students preparing to take difficult exams, etc. Tutoring services. 27 Dec. 17.
- The Best Scholarship Search Platform - A guide to good scholarship platforms and how to use them to find opportunities. 27 Dec. 17.
- The Best Scholarship Websites to Fund Your Education - Presents a good overview of "best scholarships websites online" (2018). Each of the top ranked sites gives access to millions of scholarship dollars to help fund education. The information could help many. 7 Sept. 18.
- Cancer Misdiagnosis Guide - In the article "Exploring Diagnostic Accuracy in Cancer: A Nationwide Survey of 400 Leading Cancer Specialists", this is stated: "Published studies indicate misdiagnoses occur anywhere from 15% to 28% of the time, according to The American Journal of Medicine and BMJ Quality and Safety respectively." Further, misdiagnoses cost a lot too: "According to Thomson Reuters, nearly seven hundred billion dollars are wasted in the U.S. medical system each year, much of which is tied to misdiagnosis or people getting the wrong treatment." ([◦Check])
- Cerebral Palsy Guidance - Provides answers and assistance to parents of a child with cerebral palsy. 14 March 18.
- Cerebral Palsy Medical Malpractice - informational resource to help children and families in need. CoffeeChannel
- CoffeeChannel - Knowing about different beans and different ways to make coffee makes for one of the delights in life. May I add: For the good of many, why not support Fair Trade and organically grown coffee beans if you can?
- ConsumerDangers.com - Informs about consumer dangers and safety issues of several products, and brings news of concern to consumers. A free resource. - Information can be good for preventing some harm, or lessening the risks of dangers through "safety first", for example. Although "a knife in the hands of a fool" can maim the unskilled user and thus is potentially dangerous consumer product, knowledge about how to use it is not bad. One needs to know about how to handle some things and deal with other things, and stay away from still other things to maintain sound, decent family living.
- The Consumer Justice Foundation - There is a need to protect the rights of consumers who have been harmed by dangerous pharmaceutical drugs or defective consumer products. Good consumer advocates are not out of place.
- Consumer Safety Guide - Information about consumer dangers and safety issues of many products that could harm - toward better decisions as to one's health care.
- Drug Dangers: Dangerous Drugs - Brings information on a range of medications and medical devices that have serious complications.
- Dutch portal Opzijnbest about hindoeisme
- Drugwatcher - Information on defective medications and medical devices.
- English Portal - The Better Way to English
- A Home Safety Checklist for Wheelchair Users - Instructive.
- KidMagnet: Assorted links and
- Maharishi Vastu Architecture: Homes and other buildings designed to bring harmony and support of good health, among other things. The keys involve fit dimensions, certain formulas, and orientations of the buildings. The end result shelters the peace of the home and environment by balancing the forces for fit daily life, we are informed.
- Medical Malpractice Center. - Guess what is considered "the third leading cause of death in the United States"? Malpracticecould be a tip of an iceberg too, when harmful treatments and other causes of illnesses and death add up. Eventually medical diagnoses and treatments are brought into it, and in turn blamed and sued, as the case may be. - Now, "prevention is better than malpractice", in that it is better to live so well that it increases one's chances to live longer and happier than peers, by the way. A healthy lifestyle, healthy work, and so on, if we can afford it. By adhering to ways and means that attestedly improve one's odds for having a healthier and longer life, we can lessen the impact of malpractice too, as healthy population could starve it out - a lot or a little where everything counts. A holistic health perspective helps.
- Medical Malpractice Help - A big problem: Over 200,000 people die yearly in the U.S from negligence and medical malpractice. People suffer and may die from unwanted side effects of some medications as well. Here's someone to turn to in the U.S.
- Mesothelioma - A neat page with information as to assistance, resources, answers, and free assistance options.
- Mesothelioma + Asbestos Awareness Center - Awareness of asbestos and cancer forms (called mesothelioma) it brings in time.
- Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance -The information related to asbestos exposure and mesothelioma includes a fine, free guide.
- Mesothelioma Hub - Each year, an estimated 3,300 people are diagnosed with malignant mesothelioma. Of those, nearly a third are veterans - long-range victims of toxic asbestos dust and fibers. Mesothelioma Hub brings treatment information, legal advice and more.
- Mesothelioma.net - based in Texas, assisting mesothelioma patients nationwide with resources, information, and financial support.
- Mesothelioma Lawyer Center.org - helping families connect with mesothelioma lawyers.
- MesotheliomaFund.com - offers free services for mesothelioma patients and their families dealing with the cost of treatment.
- Middlegate Addiction Advice and Treatment - These British services do not include actual treatment programs, but there is access to programs.
- Natural Herbs
Guide - a very nice natural health resource site.
- Nursing Home Abuse - "The mistreatment of the elderly is defined as engaging in actions that intentionally harm or create a risk of some type of harm to an elderly person by a trusted individual or caregiver." About 1 in 10 older persons may be abused in a year. The page shows options for the elderly and their relatives.
- Paying for Cancer Treatments - Information on what to expect from treatments and how to afford them.
- Pinnacle Peak Recovery: Drug and Alcohol Addiction Support Groups - A guide
- Primrose Lodge - Alcohol and drug rehab in Guilford, Surrey.
- Recall Report - A site that alerts the public to the latest information on dangerous drugs and products. side-effects and much else. Useful data.
- Rehab Spot - Rehab Spot aims to help those struggling with addiction and their families find the information, support, and resources needed to get help. Research on Transcendental Meditation (TM) shows it helps better than other methods, by the way. Ear acupuncture could help many too. [Some evidence] [More]
- Rudolf Steiner
e.Links: Anthroposophic website, teeming with lectures and books by the Austrian Dr Steiner, originator of a world-wide movement.
- Rx Dangers - About defective medical devices and dangerous medications. Information for awareness and help in creating a safer environment for us.
- Sad Quotes - About sad feelings and sorrow to give you hope for better days.
- Scholarships for Students with Disabilities - About one out of ten US students have some disability. Here is an informative site about services that different schools and universities offer, and what reasonable accommodations could meet specific needs, to the end of finding a top place for oneself. Also worth considering in the larger picture: The US unemployment rate of people with disabilities was 10.3% in December 2015. 7 Sept. 18.
- Senior care - in a senior living community or helped with in-home care, etc.
- Silvermist recovery / Scott Trainer: "The Link between Childhood Trauma and Addiction in Adulthood". - A guide.
- Smoking Among College Students - Smoking is "so deadly that it actually kills more people per year than illegal drug use, alcohol use, HIV (human immunodeficiency virus), motor vehicle injuries, and firearm-related injuries combined, according to the CDC. Targeted marketing by tobacco companies may be contributing . . . but there are other reasons too, like party smoking, or smoking in a social setting.
- TFL, Tobacco Free Life: Why and how to quit smoking and stay tobacco-free. Consider the numerous benefits of quitting. May I add: Try TM (Transcendental Meditation) and ear acupuncture (auricolotherapy) too; they both help, according to studies, mostly on TM.
- Tuck: Advancing Better Sleep: "Evidence-based sleep health information . . . and product reviews." - Free resource for improving the time spent in bed and effects of that. The information may be of value for at least a quarter of your life and possibly much more.
- UKAT, UK Addiction Treatment Centres: Provide care and treatment to enable persons suffering from addictive disorders to achieve life-long recovery. Abstinence based therapies and more.
- WhistleBlowerInfo.com: There are companies that commit fraud. Here is information on how one may stand up against fraud, about protection of whistleblowers and on filing cases, etc. Useful and informative.
- ZofranLawsuitGuide.com: Zofran (ondansetron) was only approved for use among chemotherapy patients and surgical patients - but has become a popular anti-nausea/vomiting drug widely prescribed off-label to pregnant women for morning sickness, even though the maker (GlaxoSmithKline) did not establish that it was safe for the fetus, and did not warn women and the medical community about potential effects on the fetus. Potential pregnancy side effects of Zofran may include an increased risk of unborn babies and of heart malformations. Settlements may be available through a Zofran lawsuit for children who have experienced health problems.