Best: to nourish health and build such reserves if one can. Having fun is also good. And since prevention usually works better than attempts at cure, sane information about very common dangers could help. And if one has got entanged in a disease or trouble, guarded information about cures and resources can help too. Below is a very limited bundle of links:
- Addiction Resource - "About 10 million [US] children are living with a parent dependent on alcohol and/or illicit drugs . . . Addiction to drugs and/or alcohol is a problem for approximately 30 million people in the United States alone."
19 Feb. 16.
- ASAM, American Society of Addiction Medicine - Provides information on treatments etc. 19 Feb. 16.
Aboriginal Art - Unique Gifts: Hand carved and painted Didgeridoos, Boomerangs,
Aboriginal Art paintings, Frog Callers, Thunder Sticks, Traditional Masks and other unique gifts shipped worldwide. Designs by Australian Aboriginal Stan Yarramunua from the Yorta Yorta tribe. 15 March 2005
- Bambiona.de: Schwangerschaft, Baby und Kind. Eine freie E-book, Kindererziehung: Kinder, Eltern & Erziehungsstile ist auch da. 1 Jan. 2017
- Building Types
resources - directory of Building Types related websites. 3 May 05.
- Cancer Misdiagnosis Guide - In the article "Exploring Diagnostic Accuracy in Cancer:
A Nationwide Survey of 400 Leading Cancer Specialists", this is stated: "Published studies indicate misdiagnoses occur anywhere from 15% to 28% of the time, according to The American Journal of Medicine and BMJ Quality and Safety respectively." Further, misdiagnoses cost a lot too: "According to Thomson Reuters, nearly seven hundred billion dollars are wasted in the U.S. medical system each year, much of which is tied to misdiagnosis or people getting the wrong treatment." ([◦Check]) - 25 March 2014
- ConsumerDangers.com - Informs about consumer dangers and safety issues of several products, and brings news of concern to consumers. A free resource. - Information can be good for preventing some harm, or lessening the risks of dangers through "safety first", for example. Although "a knife in the hands of a fool" can maim the unskilled user and thus is potentially dangerous consumer product, knowledge about how to use it is not bad. One needs to know about how to handle some things and deal with other things, and stay away from still other things to maintain sound, decent family living. 23 Aug 16
- The Consumer Justice Foundation - There is a need to protect the rights of consumers who have been harmed by dangerous pharmaceutical drugs or defective consumer products. Good consumer advocates are not out of place. 9 Dec. 2014
- English Portal - The Better Way to English 17 Dec. 2010
- Health and Wellness
Living - Wellness Lifestyle information - mental, spiritual, and fitness, etc.
6 March 05.
- Dutch portal Opzijnbest about hindoeisme 2009-2016
- KidMagnet: Assorted links and
site descriptions. 10 June 2004
- Maharishi Vastu Architecture: Homes and other buildings designed to bring harmony and support of good health, among other things. The keys involve fit dimensions, certain formulas, and orientations of the buildings. The end result shelters the peace of the home and environment by balancing the forces for fit daily life, we are informed. 8 July 2016
- Medical Malpractice Center. - Guess what is considered "the third leading cause of death in the United States"? Malpracticecould be a tip of an iceberg too, when harmful treatments and other causes of illnesses and death add up. Eventually medical diagnoses and treatments are brought into it, and in turn blamed and sued, as the case may be. - Now, "prevention is better than malpractice", in that it is better to live so well that it increases one's chances to live longer and happier than peers, by the way. A healthy lifestyle, healthy work, and so on, if we can afford it. By adhering to ways and means that attestedly improve one's odds for having a healthier and longer life, we can lessen the impact of malpractice too, as healthy population could starve it out - a lot or a little where everything counts. A holistic health perspective helps. - 22 Sept. 2015
- Medical Malpractice Help - A big problem: Over 200,000 people die yearly in the U.S from negligence and medical malpractice. People suffer and may die from unwanted side effects of some medications as well. Here's someone to turn to in the U.S. - 13 March 13.
- Natural Herbs
Guide - a very nice natural health resource site. 4 Oct 05.
- Nursing Home Abuse - "The mistreatment of the elderly is defined as engaging in actions that intentionally harm or create a risk of some type of harm to an elderly person by a trusted individual or caregiver." About 1 in 10 older persons may be abused in a year. The page shows options for the elderly and their relatives. 11 Jan 17.
- Recall Report - A site that alerts the public to the latest information on dangerous drugs and products. side-effects and much else. Useful data.. 10 March 17.
- Rudolf Steiner
e.Links: Anthroposophic website, teeming with lectures and books by the Austrian Dr Steiner, originator of a world-wide movement. 13 July 05.
- Sad Quotes - About sad feelings and sorrow to give you hope for better days. 17 Jan. 2009
- TFL, Tobacco Free Life: Why and how to quit smoking and stay tobacco-free. Consider the numerous benefits of quitting. May I add: Try TM (Transcendental Meditation) and ear acupuncture (auricolotherapy) too; they both help, according to studies, mostly on TM. - 19 Nov. 2016
- ZofranLawsuitGuide.com: Zofran (ondansetron) was only approved for use among chemotherapy patients and surgical patients - but has become a popular anti-nausea/vomiting drug widely prescribed off-label to pregnant women for morning sickness, even though the maker (GlaxoSmithKline) did not establish that it was safe for the fetus, and did not warn women and the medical community about potential effects on the fetus. Potential pregnancy side effects of Zofran may include an increased risk of unborn babies and of heart malformations. Settlements may be available through a Zofran lawsuit for children who have experienced health problems. - 19 Nov. 2015