"Are you fed up with the way the state of the world is often bemoaned?"
Big and Global Issues
You can read a survey on looming problems below. I have added to the issues just a bit: [◦PDFDRIVE]
- Orphans ⁓ There are nearly 140 million children classified as orphans world-wide (Unicef). 15.1 million of them have lost both parents.
- Water Crisis ⁓ Fresh water consumption is increasing at an unsustainable rate causing irreversible damage. The fresh water shortages occurring can become globally catastrophic.
- Alcoholism ⁓ the inability to control alcohol consumption due to a physical and emotional dependence. Eliminating alcoholism is an extreme challenge. [There is hope]
- Nothing much to live on / Unemployment / Stuck ⁓ Unemployment is a major setback to the majority of the countries.
- Climate Change and Wasting of Natural Resources ⁓ There may be several things that you can do.
- Malnutrition and Vitamin Deficiencies ⁓ Malnutrition is estimated to contribute to more than one third of all child deaths, although it is rarely listed as the direct cause. Poverty remains the major contributor to the ill.
- Smoking Tobacco and Nicotine Addiction ⁓ Nearly 6 million people die of tobacco-related diseases each year, including more than 600,000 nonsmokers who are exposed to secondhand smoke. Smoking is a world-wide epidemic. [Statistics show that Meditation and (Ear) acupuncture help many]
- Violence Against Women and Child Abuse ⁓ It is a serious public health concern, with costs on many levels of a society.
- Education Inequalities ⁓ A large amount of people on this globe do not have resources that allow them access to education, and a majority of them are children in unprivileged societies.
- Large Scale Conflict and Wars ⁓ The possibility of large-scale war looms tall in the minds of many. In a poll, 38.9 percent of the polled considered the possibility of it as the most serious global issue.
- Sex Trafficking / Human Trafficking ⁓ Inhuman slavery still exists in the form of human/sex trafficking.
- Obesity ⁓ Overweight and obesity are defined as abnormal or excessive fat accumulation that may impair health.
Let's add to the list:
- Injustice ⁓ A facet of the United States: 1% of a people owns 40% of a country's wealth; the gap beween rich and poor is widening; and many rich people can afford lawyers to keep them out of jail - it is a way of battering democratic values. The have-nots get worse conditions than the haves, who secure privileges for themselves. Against going for becoming one of the 1%, why not "stand with the 99 percent"? Fit democraty serves such a point.
- Pollution ⁓ The air, the soil, the foods (additives, pesticides, microplastic, heavy metals like lead, etc.) the sea (dumped industrial waste, poisons, and now plastic).
- Deforestation and desert-making ⁓ goes hand in hand with desert-making in some areas, and wildfires.
- Clownish Sport ⁓ Increasingly, unsoundly, immaturely estranged from the daily lives of people, with symbiotic side-effects (fans).
- Less animals and dwindling plant variety Earth is losing plants, animals (and clean water) at a dramatic rate, according to four new United Nations scientific reports that provide the most comprehensive and localised look at the state of biodiversity. Nowhere is doing well. [◦Summary]
- An Impending Control Society with Big Data ⁓ Loss of former human freedom is at stake by turns.
- Brutalisation ⁓ Brutalism rising. Indiscriminate violence used to spread fear and terror among many people, for the sake of some aim.
- Money matters ⁓ The idea that money matters above all, is a universal defect at the back of short-sighted, greed-funneled efforts that deplete nature, go against decency, and many humans by-and-by.
- Depletion ⁓ of food, of lives, non-renewable resources are used up. Besides, the waste of products is great.
Ominous trends go against such concerns, which means that the dominant "gang" goes against your future thriving and ever more likely the thriving of your grandchildren - For all that weigh the forces at work, be smart enough to count for something and learn better, and improve your odds and the odds of near ones. If the common adaptations (rad: conform living) wears you out even before you have reached your prime, you might do worse than trying ◦sound meditation to take away much stress. TM works best - averagely - of the researched methods. Stress is a major killer, and also a sign of awkward, general adaptations.
Dreaming that he is free, man is weighted down [Ramakrishna, singing].